Software Development Manager (Agile, Cyber Security)
4 months ago
Your role is to help build our new multi-disciplinary remote team in a very short timescale, put in place working processes and then manage the team, the product delivery schedule and product quality.
You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and working very closely with the Chief Product & Data Officer and the rest of the senior executive team to deliver against the product roadmap.
To be successful, you must have significant and relevant experience and will have proven technical, project and managerial skills supported by a history of delivering solutions to quality, time and budget. You will also have considerable experience of managing and mentoring highly agile development teams.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5 years experience of managing highly agile development teams.
- Development or otherwise highly technical background, with an up-to-date understanding of modern cloud-native technological solutions.
- Working familiarity with either the Azure, AWS or Google cloud.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable dealing with both senior level executives and clients.
- The ability to gather and analyse requirements at both a high and low level and communicate these in an effective manner to the development team and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to proactively manage risks and issues, reaching solutions through formal and informal channels, securing effective outcomes.
- An ability to build project plans through the whole project lifecycle considering resource constraints.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills with an ability to talk to developers on their level.
- A willingness and ability to travel (mostly to Romania or UK) to on-board new staff and attend occasional company meetings.
- A real desire for success and the willingness to go the extra mile.
In Return You’ll Receive
- Great salary
- Substantial share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- Flexible remote working
- Private healthcare insurance
- 25 days of holiday + national holidays
- A greenfield opportunity to build a brand new, modern agile development team
- An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available, and closely working with top experts in the industry
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team