Remote Senior Backend Software Engineer (USA)
VividCortex: Database Performance Monitoring
3 months ago
Are you excited by designing and developing high volume, highly available AWS based cloud services for fortune 500 companies at an exciting, growth-stage startup company? Do you love diving deep into technologies such as microservices/APIs, database design, or data architecture?
We are building a mixed discipline team at a world-class company that is providing incredible value for our customers. We are extremely customer focused, engaged in building an authentic, low-drama team, open and candid and sincerely practicing ‘disagree and commit’, constantly learning and improving, with a focused, get-it-done attitude about our commitments.
A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. We expect and encourage accountability, responsibility, innovation from team members ask you to make substantial contributions to the architectural and technical direction of the product and company.About the Role
VividCortex is looking for an experienced software engineer to help us build and improve the platform that ingests, secures, and analyzes the massive amounts of performance and other data we measure from our customers' database servers. Our platform is written in Go and hosted on the AWS cloud. It uses Kafka, Redis, and MySQL for data storage and analysis. We are a DevOps organization building a 12-factor microservices application; we practice small, fast cycles of rapid improvement and full exposure to the entire infrastructure, but we don't take anything to extremes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience with Golang (or Java), MySQL, and Kafka
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years professional experience in software development with C, C++, Java, or C#
- 2+ years of experience with RESTful APIs, microservices, or other network services
- Significant exposure to cloud-based software development with AWS, Azure, or similar
- A passion for highly effective teams and development processes
Note to Agencies and Recruiters:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of data-focused design and development experience
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- Capable of deep technical understanding and discussion of databases, software and service design, systems, and storage
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing large scale distributed systems and critical production service environments
VividCortex does not engage with unsolicited contact from agencies or recruiters. Unsolicited resumes and leads are property of VividCortex and VividCortex explicitly denies that any information sent to VividCortex can be construed as consideration.