We are an international, growing and distributed team of engineers responsible for the High Availabilitystack and the features powering SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications and deployment of SAP workloads.
SLES for SAP Applications is the leading platform for SAP Applications on Linux, including HANA and Netweaver.
Our engineers work in an open source environment contributing to upstream projects like pacemaker (http://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker.html), sbd, booth, crmsh, fence and resource agents. We also maintain configuration/deployment tools to configure, tune, monitor deploy mission critical applications like HANA on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and Public Cloid (Azure, AWS), using technologies like Prometheus and Terraform and writing code in C, Python and Go. For example, we have been working on Prometheus exporters for monitoring HA Clusters (https://github.com/ClusterLabs/ha_cluster_exporter). Others have written about our work (https://www.linbit.com/en/monitoring-ha-clusters-prometheus/).
We hangout in Rocket.Chat and work on code hosted on Github. We collaborate with colleagues in other teams inside SUSE and the SAP Linux Lab.
We are looking for a Release Manager to drive and coordinate our stories and deliveries.
If Linux, building operating systems, distributed systems, HA and mission critical environments, plus the opensource and international culture motivates you, then this may be your place.
The location of this role can be worldwide, but European timezone, Nuremberg and Walldorf area will be strongly preferred over other options.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering Managers, establishing priorities and taking technical decisions.
- Ownership of the process of getting the product artifact out of the Build Service (http://openbuildservice.org/).
- Work closely with Quality Assurance in order to ensure the continuous delivery of a premium product on multiple architectures, including Public Cloud.
- Continuous improvement of the product lifecycle process and automation of tasks (ie. https://openqa.opensuse.org ).
- Evaluating the feasibility, technical impact and effort of feature requests.
- Work with hardware and Software & Hardware Partners, SUSE Alliances team and Consultants to identify new trends and customer needs.
What do we expect from you
- Hands-on. Sometimes, you will be modifying configuration files, overseeing builds, and touching scripts.
- Technical. There are schedules and processes, but the job is not about painting Gantt-Charts, but about communicating and taking decisions.
- Proactive. You need to be able to foresee problems and make process improvements continuously.
- Organized. You should be able to see the forest through the trees.
- Experience in the areas of Project Management, Release Management, Continuous Integration is a must.
- Good English and communication/presentation skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (eg. Scrum) a plus.
- Experience with running SAP technologies on Linux is a plus
What do we offer
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide.
- Regular hackathons (Hack Weeks) and workshops on the company, department, and team levels.
- Five weeks vacation. (*)
- Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance. (*)
- Other common employee benefits (food coupons, health care, sports and cultural activities). (*)
- Free beverages. (*)
- We know how to have fun.
- We celebrate success.
(*) Reference for the example benefits is the office in Germany. They may vary across hiring locations.