5 months ago
As a member of the Contrast Security Engineering Team, you will join a group responsible for industry leading Application Security products. Our team includes engineers,designers, and product managers, all focused on making the Internet safer for everyone. We believe in agile practices to build our software, as well as continuously delivering features and improvements to our users. You are a person who is always pushing your teammates to do their best work and intolerant of anything else. Our team believes that a successful product is built by working with designers, product managers, and operators to understand the full cycle of software development.
The role of the Development Manager involves a balance of day-to-day personnel management, as well managing development projects in a cross-functional manner. Development managers are not just managers, as they are expected to commit code, but at a different pace than contributing engineers. We believe that to be an effective manager, you have to be engaged in the development of the product as well.
As Development Manager of our Front-End Engineering Team you have a number of responsibilities, but the primary one is to foster a culture of innovation and quality within your team. You are going to want to do this in an expeditious manner. Your want deliver results to the customer and market through iterative designs and implementations. To do this you need to make sure the development team is able to work as efficiently as possible and this means making sure they have clear goals, both short term and long term, and that nothing prevents them from doing their work. From the initial project scope to deploying the product out to customer sites, each step is your responsibility. You can, and should, delegate as much as you can but be ready to check that things are being done as you want and be ready to jump in if it is not.
Ideal candidates have a background building highly scalable and responsive Single Page Applications (SPAs) using ReactJS, AngularJS, CSS/Bootstrap, visualization libraries such as D3.js or AMCharts, as well as other SVG based visualization plugins.
- Own your product and software code base, including the feature road map, customer issues/defects and the technology road map.
- Lead up cross-functional development project initiatives owning project management, issue tracking, scoping and planning.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and Development team to deliver a high-value, first class security product.
- Drive the daily standup meeting with the team to ensure the project is on-track and that issues are resolved timely.
- Support all hiring and recruiting initiatives for your team.
- Work on technical designs and architectural initiatives on a project by project basis.
- Manage individuals supporting their personal/career growth and development.
- Develop team and individual goals/objectives that align to the department and company goal
- Perform consistent and regular individual one on one meetings with team members.
- Be a team player. You love to work with others to find the right solutions.
- Build web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, style guide, APIs and libraries.
- Experience with at least one of the following frameworks: AngularJS, Backbone.js, ReactJS, Ember.js
- Execute performance analysis and optimization of page render, data transfers and page load optimizations.
- Demonstrable examples personal or work projects built in React web/native.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction so we can deliver experiences that bring delight to our customers
- Stellar visual skills and attention to detail
- Work with design and product teams to build amazing, jaw-dropping features.
- Own your work. Whether a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
- Can work in a small, fast paced environment with great communication skills.
- Give back to the Open Source Community whenever humanly possibly.
- You love to manage others and make them better developers.
- You love to code and deploy at scale.
- Desire to make the Internet a safer place.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily team lunches
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off